Nape Undercut Design Stencil
Nape undercut design hair tattoos are fashionable, easy to hide and great to show off when it suits you. The downside is that they can be fairly tricky to pull off from a design perspective. Clean, smooth lines are important and it takes skill to create that perfect look.
However, at Royal Etch, we like making things easy for you. With our free resources, you can focus more of your energy on being the creative, bold #royaletchartist you already are. This lotus flower nape undercut design stencil has been designed and sized to fit nicely on the nape area of the neck.
Materials you will need to get started include:
- Cardstock or Sturdy Paper: to print your nape undercut design stencil
- Laminator (optional): Laminating your template will make the stencil more durable
- Scissors: for cutting out the stencil
- White Eyeliner Pencil: for tracing your lotus flower undercut design
- Spray Bottle + H20: to remove any excess hair while you etch your design
- Royal Etch Professional Hair Etching Razor: to etch your design after tracing is complete
- Coconut Oil or Makeup Remover: to remove tracing lines once you have etched and completed your lotus flower nape design
How to use your nape undercut design stencil:
Begin the process by cutting out each of the lotus flower stencils included in your template.
Step 1: Trace large lotus flower on nape
Take the large lotus flower stencil that you cut out and center it in the nape of the neck area. Use your white eyeliner pencil to trace an outline of the entire flower.
Step 2: Trace medium lotus flower on nape
Take the medium sized lotus flower stencil center it in middle of the large lotus flower. Use your white eyeliner pencil to outline the medium sized flower.
Step 3: Trace and rotate petals
Take the lotus flower petal stencil center it in middle of the medium sized lotus flower, which is there to help make sure all of your angles align perfectly. In other words, the top of the lotus flower petal should align with the points of the medium sized lotus flower. Use your white eyeliner pencil to outline the petal, rotating the stencil until you have traced all 7 petals.
Step 4: Start etching
After you have traced your nape undercut design completely, you are ready to start etching! Use your hair pen to etch directly over the traced lines. In that case, you will need the Royal Etch hair pen. Find out more here.
Here’s few things to keep in mind while you etch your nape undercut design.
- Use the spray bottle filled with water to clean your hair etching pen during the etching process. This will help keep the micro razor sharp and streamline the process.
- Use coconut oil or makeup remover to remove the eyeliner tracing lines once you are finished. We recommend using coconut oil as it will also help to moisturize the recently etched nape!
Click the button below and voila! You are ready to get started. Enjoy. 🙂